Rares Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rares Central

A source for rares from ALL of your artists!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How did y'all start trading??

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Stacey
Admin
Admin
Stacey

How did y'all start trading?? Empty
PostSubject: How did y'all start trading??   How did y'all start trading?? EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 12:02 pm

I saw a trading video at youtube and I was just shocked. I couldn't believe that there are so many songs I haven't heard.I downloaded some songs and start trading.Smile And then yeah,I joined RTT and met the most awesome swifties.Very Happy
I miss these days,there were so many songs you had to find..
Back to top Go down
startofanage
Admin
Admin
startofanage

PostSubject: Re: How did y'all start trading??   How did y'all start trading?? EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 12:07 pm

I wrote the same story on MUY (madeupyou.lefora.com if you haven't already joined... Very Happy), so I'll just copy-paste it !

Quote :
I'm not even sure when I started, I wasn't keeping a track back then.

I
guess the first time I thought about unreleased songs was when my cousin
sent me Your Face, Your Anything, Permanent Marker and Sparks Fly. They
were all live but I thought if they existed, there had to be more.
That's how I found out about DBT and rare songs.

I didn't know which
songs were in circulation and which weren't, heck, I didn't even know
what circulation meant. So I randomly googled them like, "Me and Britney
Taylor Swift download" "Being With My Baby dl Taylor" and stuff,
and this got me just two or three songs. I could've gotten more but I
was scared of downloading sites, so I only downloaded from the ones that
allow you to listen to the song first. That's how I got Superstar Demo.

After that, I made a YT video immediately and hoped for the best. One day, Signe
fron RTT PM'ed me and told me all about trading sites... You can pretty
much see where that got me.

But also, I got songs in ways other than trading. I helped some people
(who became my friends in time) with different things, and this got me
some songs I could never imagine having. Then my closest friend sent me
V2s for my birthday.

So... Taylor is right. "Be good to people".
Because being kind, helpful and friendly to people really helps you. Not only in trading world, but also in real life.
Back to top Go down
https://rarescentral.forumotion.com
Stacey
Admin
Admin
Stacey

PostSubject: Re: How did y'all start trading??   How did y'all start trading?? EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 12:12 pm

Quote :
I didn't know which
songs were in circulation and which weren't, heck, I didn't even know
what circulation meant.
haha,this goes for me as well. Circulation?!?! WTF is that? Razz

Quote :
"Be good to people".
Because being kind, helpful and friendly to people really helps you. Not only in trading world, but also in real life.

How true is that?!? :')
Back to top Go down
sbsp92
Admin
Admin
sbsp92

PostSubject: Re: How did y'all start trading??   How did y'all start trading?? EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 9:04 pm

I really don't know how I found them but I think it was Summer/Fall 2010 I found I'd Lie, Your Face, and Sparks Fly on YT. I didn't think anything of it until about March 2011, it clicked. I found a download link to quite a few songs and started looking on YT for people to trade with. Under the comments on one video was a link to RTT, I joined and the rest is history. Smile

"Be good to people".

I agree this is extremely true! I've come across a few not so nice traders and now I try to avoid them at all costs. Plus being kind to people helps you meet/become friends with other traders and they are more willing to help/talk to you. I love you
Back to top Go down
startofanage
Admin
Admin
startofanage

PostSubject: Re: How did y'all start trading??   How did y'all start trading?? EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 10:46 am

sbsp92 wrote:

I've come across a few not so nice traders and now I try to avoid them at all costs. Plus being kind to people helps you meet/become friends with other traders and they are more willing to help/talk to you. I love you

EXACTLY. This is how I got some of my rarest songs. And also on the other hand, there's that one trader (I'm not going to give out names here just in case) who is the meanest person I've ever met online, and there's no way I'd talk with them ever again, let alone trade with them.
Back to top Go down
medley

medley

PostSubject: Re: How did y'all start trading??   How did y'all start trading?? EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 2:08 am

Hi guys,

I'm new here, but I'm not new to trading at all. I started back when I was in high school (now I'm 26 and in grad school). I had decided that I really liked Sheryl Crow, and I kept stumbling upon rare songs of hers that I really liked. Then I found out that she had an entire album that had gone unreleased! I really wanted to hear that album, so I emailed someone who had a trading website and offered to trade them all the rare songs I had found on my own for the unreleased album.

She was ultra-generous and not only gave me the album, but also some live Sheryl shows too, to help me build my collection. She also told me about tapetrader.com, which unfortunately crashed a year or so ago (and the site owner never restarted it.) Until that point though, that was where I kept my list and mostly where I was doing my trading. I went from collecting just Sheryl Crow to pretty much all of the artists I really like.

It all tied in with my love of music and singing too. I feel like getting a great new song is such a gift - not just to listen to, but to learn and hum or sing to yourself on a bad day. A song is something you sort of have forever once you hear it, and its shame that so many really good ones go unreleased for reasons such as "it wasn't commercial enough." I think sometimes the best songs are the ones that aren't commercial, or were too risk-taking and different to fit on the album.

I've met a lot of people online through trading and talking about music too, so the whole thing has been a really positive experience for me. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://mylittlepony.livejournal.com/1905.html
startofanage
Admin
Admin
startofanage

PostSubject: Re: How did y'all start trading??   How did y'all start trading?? EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 8:50 am

Wow, you're far more experienced than any of us here then Smile
That was an interesting story Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How did y'all start trading??   How did y'all start trading?? Empty

Back to top Go down

How did y'all start trading??
Page 1 of 1